Does Epson printer not printing issue killing your precious time? Are you feeling helpless facing such sort of issues? Are you unable to print your important documents?
We understand you are having doubts like why is my Epson printer not printing when the ink is full, why is my Epson printer not printing black.
Not to worry.
This is one of the common errors which users like you face. In this, your printer provides blank pages after sending printing commands from a connected device.
This article will help you in resolving the Epson printer not the printing issue.
Possible causes for Epson printer not printing issue –
- Maybe your Epson printer has been improperly set up.
- The printer is not connected to the system correctly.
- Your printer port settings are unable to match the printer connection port.
- Maybe your Epson printer hasn’t been set to the default printer.
- Lack of installation of updated Epson printer driver.
- Updated windows don’t support printer drivers.
- Maybe due to some issues with the firmware of your Epson printer driver.
- Maybe due to a virus or malware attack.
- Maybe due to corruption or printer files.
Before resolving the Epson printer not printing issue, check –
- If your printer is turned on or not.
- If your printer is connected correctly to the system via USB cable.
- If you have placed the ink cartridge properly.
- Whether or not you have correctly placed printing papers in the printer’s tray.
- If your Epson printer signals for any errors.
- Whether you have properly cleaned the Epson printer’s printhead or not.
Resolve Epson Printer Not printing issue with these fixes –
- Clean Epson printer’s printhead from Windows Computer –
- First, clean your Epson printer’s printhead and place the printing paper in your printer’s tray.
- Go to Control Panel -> Printers and Tablets.
- Now pick Computer and printer from ‘Objects control panel’ in Windows 10.
- Now right-click on your Epson printer then select the ‘Print option’ from the options menu.
- Now right-click on your non-printing Epson printer and select the printing preferences option.
- After that, click on the ‘Manage icon’ tab then click on the ‘Epson printer Preferences Maintenance’ page.
- Under the Epson printer repair option, click the ‘Head Cleaning’ option and click on the Start button to repair this issue.
- Finally, follow the mentioned instructions on-screen.
- Clean Epson Printer Printhead from Mac –
- Open your Mac device and place a printing paper in your printer.
- Now, click on Apple Menu and go to its ‘Machine Settings’.
- On your Mac system, click on ‘Apple Menu’ and select the ‘Device Preferences’ option.
- After this, the Scanner and Printer option will appear, click on it.
- Now under the Device Preferences option, click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Now click on the Epson printer that doesn’t print then click on Mac’s option and supplies’ choice.
- Go to the Utility tab and click on the Open Printer Utility button.
- Now click on the Utility tab and open ‘Mac printer utility.
- Now you need to click on the ‘Head Cleaning’ option.
- In printer utility, click the ‘Head Cleaning’ option to repair the issue.
In case you have installed multiple printers with your system, this also causes this issue. To resolve this, you need to ‘Set your Epson printer to defaults’ on your system.
- Make your Epson printer a Default printer –
- Go to the ‘Start’ button -> Settings and tap on the ‘Printer and Scanners’ option.
- Go to the ‘Devices’ option and select ‘printers and scanners.
- Now click on ‘Select your Epson printer’ from the printer’s list and then click on the ‘Manage’ button.
- Finally, click on the ‘Set as default button to complete this process.
- Now try printing paper to check the issue.
Note: In case you haven’t seen the ‘Set as Default option’, uncheck the option.
- Check the ink cartridge levels –
- Go to Control Panel -> Computer & Printer option.
- Now you have to right-click on the Epson printer option under the ‘Print Preferences’ window and select the ‘Print Preferences’ option.
- Click on the repair tab and select Open Status Monitor for the Epson option.
- In the maintenance menu, open Epson Status Monitor.
- The amount of ink cartridge will be displayed and in case there is a low amount of ink cartridge, refill it.
- Re-install your Epson printer –
- Go to the ‘Program & Features’ option from the Control Panel of your system.
- Uninstall your Epson printer by right-clicking on it.
- Turn off your PC and printer and disconnect your Epson printer from your device.
- Restart your system and printer simultaneously.
- Now connect your Epson printer to the computer.
- On your system, proceed to ‘reinstall’ the Epson printer.
- Connect Epson printer with correct slot –
- Open the windows settings of your system from the settings option from the start menu.
- Now select the ‘Computer and Printers’ option.
- Right-click on Epson printer’s name and go to ‘Properties’.
- Now right-click on the ‘Epson printer not printing’ option and select ‘printer options’.
- Click on the Ports tab under the ‘Properties’ window and click on the ‘Add Port’ option.
- Now select the default TCP/IP port and click on ‘Epson printer Properties’ on the new port.
- Now click on the ‘Next’ option then tap the ‘Finish’ button then ‘Submit’.
- Finally, restart your system and printer.
- Update Epson printer’s drivers –
- Search for Device Manager from the search bar of the Start menu.
- Now right-click on the ‘Printer’ option from the list of devices and components.
- In System Manager, click update driver to repair the Epson printer.
- Now click the ‘Auto Search’ option for modified driver apps.
- Now click on ‘Check for modified driver software’ to automatically upgrade Epson printer’s drivers on your Windows 10 system.
- Follow instructions mentioned on-screen.
- Wait for some time and check for –
- Sometimes due to some technical issues, the printer stops responding. At that time, wait for a few minutes. If printer’s printing doesn’t resume to its normal behavior then follow below steps-
- In case there is any technical issue, your system will display a ‘Waiting message’.
- Check for Epson printer, if your system is showing any ‘odd signal lights’.
- Either the printer needs head cleaning for cartridges or it needs some time due to work overload. If this is the case, wait for five minutes and check for the printer.
- Remove long printing queues –
Sometimes due to a very long printing task queue, this error arises. To resolve this, you need to clear down the printing tasks.
You will find long printing tasks on your Epson printer. In case you have provided lots of documents to print or you have used it for a very long time, then stop your printer from printing.
Follow the below steps to clear your Epson printer’s printing queues –
- Type ‘Services.MSc’ in a run box of your system. It will open the Services window on the system screen.
- Now right-click on the ‘Printer spooler’ option and click on the ‘Stop’ option.
- Now open ‘File explorer on your system.
- Now pase %Windir%\System32\Spool\PRINTERS into the address bar.
- After some time, a folder will open and you need to remove all its files.
- Now go to the Services window and start the print spooler again by clicking on it.
- This will resolve the issue.
Epson Printer Printing Blurry
- Sometimes, the printer prints blurry documents by the below steps inside the settings menu of your Epson printer.
- Go to the ‘Menu’ of your printer device and click on the ‘Main menu.
- Choose ‘Media type’ according to the prints you require.
- Ensure proper paper settings to eliminate this issue.
Epson Printer not printing black –
The issue ‘Epson printer not printing black’ occurs due to problematic printer cartridge and printhead.
- First, open the Epson printer’s panel and insert the printer cartridge properly after removing it from its place.
- Check the link status of the printer and make sure it has sufficient ink levels.
- Sometimes, the printer cartridge blocks ink flow. Clean it.
- You can fix the error by cleaning the printhead using distilled water and sponges.
- You can also clean your printhead by running a cleaning cycle on your printer.
- In this case, switch off your printer and leave it for at least fifteen minutes.
- By using a clean and dry towel, wipe the printhead and slide it to its original place.
- Always use unique cartridges and printing sheets that are suitable for your Epson printer.
Epson Printer Not Printing properly
- Always put the printable side of the print sheet facing up while inserting it in the paper tray.
- It’s recommended to ‘run the head cleaning utility to clear the blocked nozzles of your printer.
- After this, you can run the ‘print head alignment utility to properly address this issue.
- Now open the ‘main menu’ of your Epson printer app and in the mode settings, select the ‘Automatic’ mode.
- In case the ink light flickers, replace the dried-up ink cartridge on your printer.
- Now you can ‘Customize’ the settings of ‘Printable area’ according to your needs.
- Change the color settings in your printer program to print colors properly.
- Check whether you have a correct ‘Media type’ setting in the driver of your printer.
Epson Printer not Printing Colors Properly
- First, you have to check the color settings of your printer and ensure that it’s not selected to ‘Black/Grayscale or Grayscale’ settings.
- You need to execute a nozzle search to check whether the print head nozzles have been blocked or not. If there is any blockage, clean it.
- Check the ink cartridges of your Epson printer. Maybe the ink got old or low and needed to be replaced.
- You have to manage the color of the prints in the color management option available under the Epson printer’s software and get a similar color print available on the screen.
- It’s recommended to use genuine Epson ink and paper for efficient printing performance.
After executing these steps, if still, your printer is not printing colors, or black ink properly then you need to contact Epson tech support to get effective technical and professional guidance.