Are you worried about printing your important docs and unable to do? Epson printers are considered as best printing services around the globe. Usually, due to low ink levels in cartridge and improper print settings this issue occurs.
This article will provide you simple ways to resolve Epson printer printing blank pages issue.
Possible Causes for Epson printer keep printing blank pages issue –
- Maybe your printer has blocked nozzles.
- Maybe ink cartridges were empty.
- Improper size of printing paper.
- Having issues with software installed on system.
- Printer drivers were incorrectly installed.
- Having issues with cartridge installation.
Before fixing the issue, make sure-
- To place the printer on a stable and flat surface as little tilt can create printing issues.
- Yellow tape has been removed from ink cartridge during installation.
- Have correct paper size, layout settings and other printing settings.
- To replace old ink cartridge.
- To use paper which meets product’s specifications.
- To check any blank page during printing and remove it immediately.
You can select Skip Blank Page in your printer software assuming you are printing from Windows or Mac.
Follow below steps to select settings –
For Windows 10 –
- Go to ‘Settings’ -> Devices option.
- Now click on ‘Printers and scanners’ button.
- Select your printer -> select ‘Manage’ then Printing Preferences.
- Click on ‘Maintenance’ tab -> ‘Extended settings’ button.
- Now select ‘Skip Blank Page’.
- Click Ok to save your settings.
For Macintosh –
- Click on Apple menu and open ‘System Preferences’.
- Now select ‘Print and Scan’, ‘Print and Fax’ or ‘Printers and scanners’.
- Now select your product and then select ‘Options and supplies’.
- Now select ‘Driver or options’ settings.
- Switch ON the Skip blank page and click OK.
Simple ways to fix Epson printer printing blank page issue –
- Check the ink cartridge of your printer –
- Incase there is low ink levels, refill the ink cartridge of your Epson printer.
- if your ink cartridge is out then you can use another.
- Incase the new ink cartridge is not clearing the ink then you need to remove the protective tapes from your cartridge so that ink can be cleared.
Note : Don’t use any sharp object to remove the cartridge tape as it can break or make a hole in ink cartridge.
Way 1- Clean the blocked-up nozzles and printhead of your printer –
- After refilling of ink cartridges, if your Epson printer is still printing blank pages then check for any blocking in print head by commanding to ‘print a nozzle check pattern’. Before starting it, make sure your printer’s LCD screen isn’t signaling any errors or faults.
- Press Home button on your printer and choose Setup option. Then go to ‘Maintenance’ option.
- Select the ‘Printhead Nozzle Check’ option there.
- Then your printer will check it by printing a page while displaying four shaded networks to confirm that nozzle is blocked.
- Incase you find any holes or blackout lines, select ‘Clean the printhead’ option -> Proceed option.
- During cleaning process, do not shut down or stop your printer as it may harm the printer and the process.
- After cleaning process, if the issue still persists then you need to contact Epson customer support.
Note – You cannot initiate the Printhead Cleaning cycle consistently as Epson printer requires rest for at least six hours and implementing the program will affect stop up and use large amount of ink cartridge on your printer.
Way 2 – Update your printer’s driver –
Epson printers requires updated drivers to work efficiently otherwise it can cause errors and issues. Its beneficial to visit Epson website’s support page and download drivers compatible with your system to prevent further issues.
Way 3 – Update firmware of your printer –
Not updating your firmware also causes this issue, so its crucial to do this for effective functioning of Epson printer.
Incase you use Windows 10 OS, go to Start -> Epson software updater option to update firmware.
Follow below steps in case you don’t have Epson software updater installed on your system –
- Visit Epson website’s support page while selecting your Printer’s model from the list of all available models to update firmware.
- Click on checkbox button to select your system updater.
- Now click on ‘Install’ and follow the instructions mentioned to update firmware.
- After completion, click on ‘finish’ button.
Conclusion – The above steps will indeed resolve the issue. But if still you need help then you can contact us via live chat option for technical as well as professional guidance.